I’ll admit it–we are “Olympics Junkies.” However, we rejoiced last night as the cauldron was extinguished. It’s been a long seventeen days for us. I also have another admission. We did not train for our Olympic-watching experience. We’re not TV watchers. The tube is rarely on in the evenings. Consequently, our bodies have been in a bit of shock, overwhelmed by images, exhausted by late nights. But we enjoyed many, many moments, including:
- Missy Franklin–Our favorite American swimmer
- David Boudia–Our favorite American diver
- The US Women’s Gymnastics Team
- Farah and Rupp–Two countries, One friendship
- The United Kingdom–Awesome Olympics
But most importantly, we are thankful to God. He created and empowered the athletes. He blessed the organizers and participants with creativity and energy. He protected the games from natural disasters and terrorist attacks.